Associate, Global Investment Banking, Metals & Mining, EMEAApply
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
***Opening Date: 2nd May 2019***
***Closing Date: 30th May 2019***
The Associate in Global Banking & Markets enjoys a stimulating and challenging work environment in which they execute a broad range of transactions.
The role focuses on preparing client presentations, financial modeling, research and M&A transaction coordination and execution. The Associate takes on increased responsibilities including directing transactions and participating in business development with the guidance of senior group members. The Associate will also be involved in task allocation and development of the Analyst.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and analysing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models
- Preparing marketing materials and presentations
- Generally supporting client pitch and deal execution efforts
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyse the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Participate in drafting prospectuses and marketing presentations for transactions
- Preparing client presentations (including compiling data and assembling presentation materials)
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
- Participate in all stages of transaction execution, from the pitch phase through to closing
- Ideal candidate will possess a relevant master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities.
- Related investment banking experience.
- Relevant previous metals & mining experience is essential, including both origination and M&A transaction experience.
- Previous exposure to projects involving large scale global mining clients
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Solid Excel skills
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.