Internship - Summer Analyst, Captial Markets 2020Apply
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
- Sales and Trading makes markets in and distributes Government bonds to institutional investors and other clients.
- The Debt Capital Markets business assists issuers with the placement of debt in public and private bond markets globally.
- The Derivatives Product Group helps clients to manage their interest
rate, currency, and other risks via the use of derivatives products.
Prime Services & Derivatives and Institutional Equity
- The Securities Borrowing and Lending business within Prime Services generates revenues by borrowing and lending securities.
- Synthetic Prime Brokerage provides Hedge Fund counterparties with long or short exposure to a number of equity markets through portfolio swap contracts.
- Synthetic Stock Borrowing/Lending enters into equity derivative transactions with financial institutions to raise inventory and collateral for Prime Services lending activities.
- Securities Lending borrows equities from asset managers, pension funds and agents lenders.
- Secured Financing raises and lends cash against baskets of securities.
In addition we are excited to confirm, through this Programme, our business leaders in London, will be looking to identify exceptional Interns for entry onto our full time Graduate Programme for 2021.
As an analyst you will work within a small deal team and be involved in every aspect of each transaction, providing the opportunity to learn from senior investment bankers and seasoned technical industry professionals. In addition, analysts will gain a unique perspective on how combining financial and technical expertise provides clients with superior M&A advice.
- A Finance/ Economics/ Business/ Mathematicsstudent intheirpenultimateyearof study,(other related subjectswill be considered).
- High academicachiever withapassionfor themarket.
- Record ofleadershipabilitythrough extracurricularaccomplishments.
- Stronginterpersonal skillsand abilityto workinacollaborative environment.
- Exceptional analytical and problemsolvingskills.
- Highlymotivated, self-starterwith ahunger to succeed and excel intheir career.
Application & Selection Process:
Candidatesareinvitedtoapply via our website at www.scotiabank.com/campus
Wethankallcandidates;howeveronlythosecandidatesselectedforaninterviewwill be contacted.
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.