Senior Software Engineer AndroidApply
Thank you for your interest in being part of Scotiabank Peru and we appreciate your application. We are looking for talented people who want to grow and achieve the goals of our organization. We wish you much success in this process!
You are a Senior Software Engineer in the Android chapter at Scotiabank Digital Banking, and are a force to create customer-centric inclusive, relevant and trustworthy digital experiences on top of a world-class technical foundation. You are the core of a technology company inside a global bank.
As a Senior Software Engineer you indepently contribute to the software development lifecycle, take leadership for initiatives at a team/squad level and take ownership for your work and your craft. You are a mentor and actively provide coaching to other members in your team/squad.
As part of the Android chapter you build Android mobile applications, user experiences and reusable components, and take part of the development of our next generation platforms. You use technologies like Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Google Services, Gradle and Jetpack, are highly skilled in software engineering and computer science, and love to learn and co-create with multidisciplinary teams.
At a Team Mentor scope for the Android chapter you:
- Conceptualize and design customer-centric software, developing key technical capabilities while optimizing value delivery, with a keen sense of software craftsmanship and customer experience. Go deep in software modeling, patterns, share and reuse.
- Design and development of web/mobile software components and services that leverage and extend digital capabilities, and provide world-class digital experiences.
- Develop high quality, mantainable and evolvable software, caring for key software metrics and assuring proper testability and testing coverage.
- Follow, develop and promote secure coding practices, being aware of potential security vulnerabilities and guarding from them.
- Take operational ownership for the software you build and support. Work with multidisciplinary teams to solve major incidents, improve SLOs and guarantee a world-class customer experience. Note this may require working outside office hours on occassion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically 7 years of industry experience or more.
- Skills: Software Design and Architecture, Programming Languages & Environments, Functional Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures, Frontend Development, Software Testing, Evolution and Maintenance, Operating Systems and Platforms, Secure Coding, Solution Design and Architecture, Technology Architecture, Retail Banking Business Domains, Backend Development, Cloud Computing, Behavior Driven Development, Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Site Reliability Engineering, Threat Modelling and Risk Mitigation, Application Security.
We offer a good working environment, benefits superior to those of the law, the opportunity to volunteer and / or Social Responsibility activities. Scotiabank is considered the best financial group to work in Peru and with an international presence.
We appreciate your interest, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
** Scotiabank is an inclusive company that respects diversity and does not discriminate **